Already a member of EPL?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Already a member of EPL?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules for the Pokemon Section

Purugly
    Purugly
    Regular Trainer

Female Number of posts : 83
    Registration date : 2008-07-11

Rules for the Pokemon Section Empty Rules for the Pokemon Section

Post by Purugly Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:14 am

This site asks you be Literate to Advanced. Meaning, we're trying to maintain a standard of quality and quantity. (NOTE: this only applies to certain roleplays. I will allow 'lesser', if you will, writing in certain cases. :D I'm not as stuck up as I seem. At least one paragraph per post.)
    However, please note, there's no minimum as to the quantity of your posts. At the point that you can no longer write without beginning repeating yourself, we ask you stop there for everyone's sake.

Sorry kiddos, but we're no holds barred here. Meaning, there will be mature content allowed. As long as it's in moderation, violence, romance, swearing, whatever you wish are allowed. However, it'd be preferred if you refrain from anything tasteless with this. If you find it necessary to start writing some sort of erotic gory fetish dream of yours somewhere completely uncalled for it, we ask you take it to PM.

There is to be no spam permitted on the boards. If you want to crackplay or whatnot, it'd be preferred if shenanigans are left in PM.

Gym leaders are permitted to wander about the region. Chilling out in a gym for the entire time has to be hellz boring. They can be challenged for a gym battle where ever and whenever; it doesn't have to take place in their gym. In addition, team members are not confined to their "hideouts". In or out of disguise they can also zip around, and can move from town to town in one post via the aid of helicopters or cars or motorcycles or planes or flying Pokemon.

Pokemon equal animals. A Poochyena is a dog, a Rapidash is a horse, a Tauros is a bull. They are just animals... with magical powers. Most of them cannot speak, and whether or not they can understand human speech depends on the pokemon’s individual intelligence. Naturally, they can understand orders for attack. Legendaries equal gods. Thus, they have the ability to speak in any sort of language they wish, and adopt a more human-like intellect and personality rather then an animal-like one. (This rule is subject to change. I do not particularly like how it is worded.)

Though Pokemon are animals, they are more meant for fighting and thus heal faster then a normal creature. Minor wounds will heal overnight, and more major ones just take a few days. Broken bones take about a week to heal. So if your Pokemon breaks a bone or receives and injury, keep in mind that it is still there, but will vanish faster then your typical broken bone or wound. And unless you're some kind of doctor-trainer, it's recommended to ship your wounded creatures off to the nearest Pokemon Center.

Pokemon don't have levels - not in the anime, nor on the site. It’s up to you to judge when a pokemon is ready to evolve, and considering that if you are an advanced writer, you should know how much training will be needed. Of course, this doesn't work for Pokemon that need stones to evolve. For Pokemon such as Pikachu or Growlithe, you must somehow get a stone to make them evolve. (This does not mean that your character can have, say, a Numel and all of a sudden have it evolve in the middle of the battle. If you are iffy on the situation, please PM me.)

For catching new Pokemon, if you're looking for a Pokemon rather than social interaction, make it clear in your post. A mod, most likely me, will post that a Pokemon popped up, and it is simply your job to duke it out with that wild Pokemon and catch it with a Pokeball. If the mod states that the Pokemon has been captured, you add it to your team and it becomes yours. This works with anyone - trainers, gym leaders, team members, etc. There are more criminal ways of obtaining new pokemon - such as just stealing. (This rule is also subject to change. I do not particularly like how it is worded.)

Just so that one character can't be super strong, I will ask that any OCs refrain from just accuring all badges at once (this means that you shouldn't, unless you give convincing reasoning, give your character all badges, frontier symbols, whatever the Sinnoh frontier gives out/whatever else) I ask that they actually battle (in the roleplay) the leader/brain/whatever beforehand (ex: if you wish for your character to defeat Palmer, then they will need to get someone to rp him for the battle). Please ask someone to RP as this particular character for the duration of the fight. (If you do not think that I am capable of taking control of the canon (character from the games/manga/t.v. show./whatever), then ask someone else. However, I may post to stop/ask about the RP at any time. :D) (This is yet another rule that is subject to change.)

Because Pokemon aren't real, I ask you to not be too serious. As it was discussed in the "LOL REVIVE EPL" thread, I would ask that the RP battling itself not get too technical. This contributed to the death of the Nightmare Plague thread. Do not deny it. Roleplaying is meant for fun and being too 'technical' might ruin the fun for some of the other writers.

Other rules will be added as I see fit. I do realize that these are incomplete.
    I do not take credit for the bulk of these rules. Those would go to this place.

Do not whine if you do not like them.
    Do not complain if you do not like them.
    If you have issues with them, please PM me and we will talk about it.

Rules for the Pokemon Section Empty Re: Rules for the Pokemon Section

Post by Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:19 am

Sweet mother jesus. did you write all of this?
    Purugly
    Purugly
    Regular Trainer

Post by Purugly Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:21 am

Furret Fatale wrote:Sweet mother jesus. did you write all of this?
    not all of it.
    xD
    I edited the third to last and wrote out the last two.
    As stated in my post, the bulk of that post belonged to the site linked in it.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:09 am

Oh lol i didnt read the other post :D But I was like Dang!
    Purugly
    Purugly
    Regular Trainer

Post by Purugly Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:21 am

Furret Fatale wrote:Oh lol i didnt read the other post :D But I was like Dang!
    Hm...
    Yes, I'm afraid that I won't be writing that much for rules.

Oh, that reminds me.
    If any of you would like me to supply a writing sample (so that I might prove that I /can/ write about something other than Darkrai), just let me know.
    I can't guarantee that the writing will be fabulous or that it won't be censored but. :v

Post by Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:47 pm

wow. that's alot of rules...but that's good! ^^ and I would actually like a sample in a PM if possible. I like to read and critique. and I don't care about language or I mostly don't care about proper wording unless it confuses me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:35 am