Already a member of EPL?
Log in!

    epl moveset helper

    Share
    avatar
    lotteries
    Regular Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 88
    Age : 87
    Location : The underwater palace of Atlantis
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by lotteries on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:33 am

    Porygon2 - Life orb
    EV's: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

    ~ T-wave
    ~ Last Resort

    Pory got a new platinum move! =)

    Use t-wave to make your opponent slower and start attacking. Life orb + 130 power + STAB is worrying. o.o
    avatar
    Silver
    Greater than Arceus

    Male Number of posts : 730
    Age : 25
    Location : The interwebz
    Registration date : 2008-09-02

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Silver on Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:51 pm

    Here are some competitive battling rejects I found to be pretty effective in UU:

    Smeargle (M) @ Wide Lens
    Ability: Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Spore
    - Stun Spore
    - Super Fang
    - Stealth Rock

    Double Spore. Spore the first turn, then Stun Spore on the switch, and you've already crippled 1/3 of the opponent's team. After that, you can Stealth Rock the opponent. Super Fang for damage, but you could also go for Night Shade, or Seismic Toss, too.

    Chimecho (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Recover
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic

    There's actually nothing special about this, just a UU rip-off of Latias, but still........Thunder Wave, Calm Mind, and heal damage. Psychic is for STAB, but you could put something else there for coverage.

    Dodrio (M) @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Early Bird
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Flail
    - Endure
    - Endeavor

    With this, you Brave Bird for STAB and lower your health, and Endure if you think your opponent will finish you. Flail is there with it's massive 200 (full power) atk, plus STAB puts it at 300 power; as much as Explosion. Salace Berry to boost your speed and help the sweep, but Leichi works if you're feeling confident in your speed. But why do you need Endeavor if you have the amazing Flail? Well, things like Steelix and Registeel will wall you easily, so you just Endeavor them and revenge kill with someone else.

    SubSalac fear set
    Dodrio @ Salac Berry
    Early Bird
    252atk/ 252spd
    Jolly
    -Substitute
    -Flail
    -Quick Attack
    -Endeavor

    Dodrio has access to Quick Attack and Endeavor, making him just as annoying as any Rattata. By putting no EVs in health and 31 IVs in it, Dodrio gets an uneven 261 hp, allowing him to sub 4 times and have 1 hp left. So you can Flail and sweep, and against a wall, you Endeavor and Quick Attack under the protection of sub. The difference between these two sets, is that the one above is more instant-sweep oriented. Again, berry is all about preference.

    Linoone (M) @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Gluttony
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Belly Drum
    - Extremespeed
    - Flail
    - Endure

    Same idea here. If you manage to pull off a Belly Drum, then Gluttony activates Salac Berry earlier. Now, you can sweep with Extremespeed, or Endure+Flail. By Endure+Flail, you sweep with Flail and Extremespeed anything that might possibly be faster. Another option over Salac Berry, is Leftovers. That way, if you find you need to switch, you'd be at 56% hp after Belly Drum, allowing a 2nd Belly Drum.
    avatar
    lotteries
    Regular Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 88
    Age : 87
    Location : The underwater palace of Atlantis
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by lotteries on Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm

    Bold = comments

    Silver wrote:Here are some competitive battling rejects I found to be pretty effective in UU:

    Smeargle (M) @ Wide Lens
    Ability: Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Spore
    - Stun Spore
    - Super Fang
    - Stealth Rock

    Double Spore. Spore the first turn, then Stun Spore on the switch, and you've already crippled 1/3 of the opponent's team. After that, you can Stealth Rock the opponent. Super Fang for damage, but you could also go for Night Shade, or Seismic Toss, too.

    Unless they stay in, then you're screwed
    Cause you have no real attacking moves xD



    Chimecho (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Recover
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic

    There's actually nothing special about this, just a UU rip-off of Latias, but still........Thunder Wave, Calm Mind, and heal damage. Psychic is for STAB, but you could put something else there for coverage.

    Dark poke = owned

    Dodrio (M) @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Early Bird
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Flail
    - Endure
    - Endeavor

    With this, you Brave Bird for STAB and lower your health, and Endure if you think your opponent will finish you. Flail is there with it's massive 200 (full power) atk, plus STAB puts it at 300 power; as much as Explosion. Salace Berry to boost your speed and help the sweep, but Leichi works if you're feeling confident in your speed. But why do you need Endeavor if you have the amazing Flail? Well, things like Steelix and Registeel will wall you easily, so you just Endeavor them and revenge kill with someone else.

    You don't exactly need endeaver + flail in the same set, but that works xD

    SubSalac fear set
    Dodrio @ Salac Berry
    Early Bird
    252atk/ 252spd
    Jolly
    -Substitute
    -Flail
    -Quick Attack
    -Endeavor

    Dodrio has access to Quick Attack and Endeavor, making him just as annoying as any Rattata. By putting no EVs in health and 31 IVs in it, Dodrio gets an uneven 261 hp, allowing him to sub 4 times and have 1 hp left. So you can Flail and sweep, and against a wall, you Endeavor and Quick Attack under the protection of sub. The difference between these two sets, is that the one above is more instant-sweep oriented. Again, berry is all about preference.


    Linoone (M) @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Gluttony
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Belly Drum
    - Extremespeed
    - Flail
    - Endure

    Same idea here. If you manage to pull off a Belly Drum, then Gluttony activates Salac Berry earlier. Now, you can sweep with Extremespeed, or Endure+Flail. By Endure+Flail, you sweep with Flail and Extremespeed anything that might possibly be faster. Another option over Salac Berry, is Leftovers. That way, if you find you need to switch, you'd be at 56% hp after Belly Drum, allowing a 2nd Belly Drum.

    Why belly drum? Sub to your salac and flail stuff. You don't even need endure either, or you could pick between those two moves
    avatar
    Silver
    Greater than Arceus

    Male Number of posts : 730
    Age : 25
    Location : The interwebz
    Registration date : 2008-09-02

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Silver on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:13 pm

    Uber-play Shedinja

    Shedinja @ Lum Berry/Focus Sash
    Ability: Wonder Guard
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - X-Scissor
    - Swords Dance
    - Shadow Sneak/ Sucker Punch
    - Shadow Claw/ Thief

    This is simply a beast in Ubers! I've started using it in Ubers, and it hasn't let me down yet. With counters out of the way, it will sweep with almost no trouble. X-Scissor is used as a powerful STAB and can OHKO Darkrai (or at least put quite a dent in him). SD is a boost you can easily set up (with base 90 power, he needs the boost). Shadow Sneak for priority incase Mewtwo comes out to play. Sucker Punch is a better option, even without STAB, but takes a little more prediction. The last move, really, is just a filler. Shadow Claw for STAB, but you've already got X-S for that. If you're using Lum Berry, which is needed for Darkrai's Dark Void or Toxic or Will-o-Wisp, then you might want to consider Thief (though I don't think it'd be that great). Or you could use the classic Focus Sash.
    avatar
    lotteries
    Regular Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 88
    Age : 87
    Location : The underwater palace of Atlantis
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by lotteries on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:23 pm

    Silver wrote:Uber-play Shedinja

    Shedinja @ Lum Berry/Focus Sash
    Ability: Wonder Guard
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - X-Scissor
    - Swords Dance
    - Shadow Sneak/ Sucker Punch
    - Shadow Claw/ Thief

    This is simply a beast in Ubers! I've started using it in Ubers, and it hasn't let me down yet. With counters out of the way, it will sweep with almost no trouble. X-Scissor is used as a powerful STAB and can OHKO Darkrai (or at least put quite a dent in him). SD is a boost you can easily set up (with base 90 power, he needs the boost). Shadow Sneak for priority incase Mewtwo comes out to play. Sucker Punch is a better option, even without STAB, but takes a little more prediction. The last move, really, is just a filler. Shadow Claw for STAB, but you've already got X-S for that. If you're using Lum Berry, which is needed for Darkrai's Dark Void or Toxic or Will-o-Wisp, then you might want to consider Thief (though I don't think it'd be that great). Or you could use the classic Focus Sash.

    Eh, too many weaknesses
    It ends up being a waste of a poke on your ubers team xP
    avatar
    Silver
    Greater than Arceus

    Male Number of posts : 730
    Age : 25
    Location : The interwebz
    Registration date : 2008-09-02

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Silver on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:43 pm

    Lotteries wrote:
    Silver wrote:Uber-play Shedinja

    Shedinja @ Lum Berry/Focus Sash
    Ability: Wonder Guard
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - X-Scissor
    - Swords Dance
    - Shadow Sneak/ Sucker Punch
    - Shadow Claw/ Thief

    This is simply a beast in Ubers! I've started using it in Ubers, and it hasn't let me down yet. With counters out of the way, it will sweep with almost no trouble. X-Scissor is used as a powerful STAB and can OHKO Darkrai (or at least put quite a dent in him). SD is a boost you can easily set up (with base 90 power, he needs the boost). Shadow Sneak for priority incase Mewtwo comes out to play. Sucker Punch is a better option, even without STAB, but takes a little more prediction. The last move, really, is just a filler. Shadow Claw for STAB, but you've already got X-S for that. If you're using Lum Berry, which is needed for Darkrai's Dark Void or Toxic or Will-o-Wisp, then you might want to consider Thief (though I don't think it'd be that great). Or you could use the classic Focus Sash.

    Eh, too many weaknesses
    It ends up being a waste of a poke on your ubers team xP

    No it doesn't! I've swept with it plenty of times. Once any Mewtwo, Darkrai, Ho-oh, Stealth Rock/Spikes, and sometimes Groudon are out of the way, it easily sweeps. People have actually given up because they couldn't beat Sheddy's awesomeness. Plus, it's no fun using the same 20-or something pokemon everyone else uses, right? XD

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Guest on Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:01 am

    Silver wrote:
    Lotteries wrote:
    Silver wrote:Uber-play Shedinja

    Shedinja @ Lum Berry/Focus Sash
    Ability: Wonder Guard
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - X-Scissor
    - Swords Dance
    - Shadow Sneak/ Sucker Punch
    - Shadow Claw/ Thief

    This is simply a beast in Ubers! I've started using it in Ubers, and it hasn't let me down yet. With counters out of the way, it will sweep with almost no trouble. X-Scissor is used as a powerful STAB and can OHKO Darkrai (or at least put quite a dent in him). SD is a boost you can easily set up (with base 90 power, he needs the boost). Shadow Sneak for priority incase Mewtwo comes out to play. Sucker Punch is a better option, even without STAB, but takes a little more prediction. The last move, really, is just a filler. Shadow Claw for STAB, but you've already got X-S for that. If you're using Lum Berry, which is needed for Darkrai's Dark Void or Toxic or Will-o-Wisp, then you might want to consider Thief (though I don't think it'd be that great). Or you could use the classic Focus Sash.

    Eh, too many weaknesses
    It ends up being a waste of a poke on your ubers team xP

    No it doesn't! I've swept with it plenty of times. Once any Mewtwo, Darkrai, Ho-oh, Stealth Rock/Spikes, and sometimes Groudon are out of the way, it easily sweeps. People have actually given up because they couldn't beat Sheddy's awesomeness. Plus, it's no fun using the same 20-or something pokemon everyone else uses, right? XD
    shedinja does better in ubers then ud think lotto

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Guest on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:33 pm

    My Fav Set Ups:

    Weavile
    @ Adamant, Focus Sash
    252 in atk&speed, 6 in whatever
    -Brick Break
    -Ice Shard
    -Night Slash
    -Swords Dance

    This is pure ownage. People with Their Blisseys don't expect it to do much seeing as Counter is on them to fight Weavile. And Ice Shard instead because you don't know if a Dragon is to be scarf'd. Plus the other 2 moves, Brick Break and Night Slash, do WONDERS, especially if you get lucky with a STAB Crit Night Slash.


    Infernape (My MANLY MAN!)
    @ Naive/Hasty, Life Orb OR Expert Belt
    252 in speed, 128 in attack and sp attack OR 252 in attack and 6 in sp attack
    -Close Combat
    -Hidden Power ICE
    -Thunderpunch
    -Flamethrower

    THE BEST MIXAPE OF MINE EVER! Seeing as OTHER Mixapes run a standard 320~ish speed, this one runs 346 speed, which rapes through other mixapes with Close Combat, and is GREAT against any SkarmBliss combos. HP ICE is for ANY dragons and it's funny to see them stay in. Thudnerpunch is for whatever may threaten you such as water-types like Tentacruel. Flamethrower is self-explanitory, and with Life Orb downing you under 33%, its a Fire Blast with 100% accuracy.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:22 pm

    It's sad, but a SDvile set is no longer as viable as it once was with Scizor running rampant in OU. That, and it's frail defenses rarely give it chances to set up anymore.

    Also, why is Thunder Punch on that Mixape set?
    Flamethrower/Grass Knot/HP Ice/Close Combat offer perfect coverage.
    Also, Infernape only needs 64 ev's in attack to OHKO Blissey, so why did you add in the extra ev's in attack?
    I think that your mixape needs a little bit more work.


    Last edited by Finaldmge on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:34 pm

    Here is a set that I made that seems to be really helpful:

    Scizor @ Damp Rock
    248 HP/252 Att/8 SpD

    Rain Dance
    U-turn
    Roost
    Bullet Punch

    Ok, the idea here is to Rain Dance, which should be benefiting the rest of your team, and reduce your fire weakness at the same time. Then you can use a slow U-turn to send in a teammate safely while at the same time damaging the opponent. If you like, you can also use Roost to heal of any damage you might have taken. Bullet Punch is here for pokemon who can be troublesome for your rain dance team, like Gengar or T-Tar. It also helps to pick off pokemon who have already been weakened.

    Part of the magic of this set is that most people will assume that Scizor is a sweeper, which can help you set up an easy rain dance.

    248 EV's in HP is for optimal HP recovery/minimal damage from SR, 252 attack is so that you can still damage the opponent with Bullet Punch/U-turn, and the 8 SpD ev's is to help you survive special attacks. If you like, you can go for a bulkier spread.

    You can go for leftovers if you want instead of Damp Rock.
    248 EV's in Hp insures optimal Hp recovery with leftovers.
    However, it's not recommend as with only 4 turns of Rain Dance, your sweep will get cut short.

    Kingdra is a good pokemon to pair up with Scizor.
    If a heatran switches in, u-turning out usually isn't a smart decision.
    Instead, if you have Kingdra, you can switch it in instead of U-turning.
    Kingdra resists fire 4x, even without rain.
    From there, you can wreck havoc on the opposing team.

    Sponsored content

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:22 am