Already a member of EPL?
Log in!

    Project EPL

    Share
    avatar
    Purugly
    Regular Trainer

    Female Number of posts : 83
    Age : 24
    Registration date : 2008-07-11

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Purugly on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:53 pm

    I suppose the clearing of posts and whatnot is a good idea~ :D
    does this mean that i lose my 'spam beast' rank/thing? :c
    avatar
    Scep
    EPL Founder

    Female Number of posts : 299
    Age : 24
    Location : In New York City's Computers
    Registration date : 2008-06-22

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Scep on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:59 pm

    Purugly wrote:I suppose the clearing of posts and whatnot is a good idea~ :D
    does this mean that i lose my 'spam beast' rank/thing? :c
    Yeah, we'll all lose our ranks
    Except for mine, because it's a 'special' rank but I'll get rid of it anyway.

    And Beast's unless she doesn't have one?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Guest on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:06 pm

    CHO CHANG wrote:
    Pumapardz wrote:
    BeastExe wrote:Make them into guilds? Ehh... We should probably remove user groups until this place is a little more stable.

    dsfsd
    Thats my suggestion.;A;

    But make it private,an' only invite..
    Well,non-n00bs.
    Or, we can make it to where after you make a certain amount of posts, you get access to more threads and areas of the forums.
    We'd have to get rid of the spam tread to make sure it's not abused for this purpose.
    Invitation only wouldn't work very well, but I think that if new members had something to work too, they'd try harder to be more active, hopefully in a good way.

    Okay,I started gettin' confused at this post.

    Heres my idea.
    Neopets,guild.
    Private,have to be literate/semi literate,good grammar,etc;

    Also,we can make EPL into a CG(ChatGroup),so more people will get interested,make a page,etc;.

    But first..
    WE NEED RULES/MODS

    Why don't we have these yet?
    D;
    avatar
    Scep
    EPL Founder

    Female Number of posts : 299
    Age : 24
    Location : In New York City's Computers
    Registration date : 2008-06-22

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Scep on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:21 pm

    Pumapardz wrote:
    CHO CHANG wrote:
    Pumapardz wrote:
    BeastExe wrote:Make them into guilds? Ehh... We should probably remove user groups until this place is a little more stable.

    dsfsd
    Thats my suggestion.;A;

    But make it private,an' only invite..
    Well,non-n00bs.
    Or, we can make it to where after you make a certain amount of posts, you get access to more threads and areas of the forums.
    We'd have to get rid of the spam tread to make sure it's not abused for this purpose.
    Invitation only wouldn't work very well, but I think that if new members had something to work too, they'd try harder to be more active, hopefully in a good way.

    Okay,I started gettin' confused at this post.

    Heres my idea.
    Neopets,guild.
    Private,have to be literate/semi literate,good grammar,etc;

    Also,we can make EPL into a CG(ChatGroup),so more people will get interested,make a page,etc;.

    But first..
    WE NEED RULES/MODS

    Why don't we have these yet?
    D;
    I was just thinking...
    We pretty much wiped out the D/P population on Neo
    Plus, there's not much use of a website forum if we have a place to chat on on the FC and we have a petpage for updates on Neo.
    Plus, most Pokemon-based CGs die in about 3-4 months after they were created.

    Not sure what to say about the guild.

    Gar.
    I'll get to it eventually.
    avatar
    Scep
    EPL Founder

    Female Number of posts : 299
    Age : 24
    Location : In New York City's Computers
    Registration date : 2008-06-22

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Scep on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:36 pm

    Hows about for Art Contests, we do something like a Pokemon Contest?

    You draw a picture of your pokemon, showing off its moves like in a contest
    You can add a trainer in there, it doesn't matter
    But it has to be centered around that one pokemon
    We'd have a voluntary panel of judges
    And they'd judge on what the entrant was going for.
    That's pretty much the 'pokemon contest' part, poffin-free :D

    It could be weekly or bi-weekly, I don't know, up to you guys.
    But since it is pretty much like a 'pokemon contest', you'd have a team of 6 to choose from
    Also, you can switch out your pokemon with others you might have somewhere like on the 1st of every month
    Of course, we'd have to keep a separate sub-category so you guys can have a board or something to post all of this coordinator information


    I sound like I'm rambling or something
    My eye stings.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Guest on Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:13 pm

    So im assuming you went ahead and destroyed the cb?
    avatar
    Haruka
    Master Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 248
    Age : 23
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Haruka on Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:40 pm

    Apparently so
    avatar
    Kenny
    Expert Trainer

    Female Number of posts : 225
    Age : 27
    Location : California
    Registration date : 2009-06-08

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Kenny on Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:46 pm

    Furret Fatale wrote:So im assuming you went ahead and destroyed the cb?

    Finally.

    Some hope of restoring the forums.

    ; u;

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Guest on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:01 pm

    War-Rock wrote:
    Pumapardz wrote:
    CHO CHANG wrote:
    Pumapardz wrote:
    BeastExe wrote:Make them into guilds? Ehh... We should probably remove user groups until this place is a little more stable.

    dsfsd
    Thats my suggestion.;A;

    But make it private,an' only invite..
    Well,non-n00bs.
    Or, we can make it to where after you make a certain amount of posts, you get access to more threads and areas of the forums.
    We'd have to get rid of the spam tread to make sure it's not abused for this purpose.
    Invitation only wouldn't work very well, but I think that if new members had something to work too, they'd try harder to be more active, hopefully in a good way.

    Okay,I started gettin' confused at this post.

    Heres my idea.
    Neopets,guild.
    Private,have to be literate/semi literate,good grammar,etc;

    Also,we can make EPL into a CG(ChatGroup),so more people will get interested,make a page,etc;.

    But first..
    WE NEED RULES/MODS

    Why don't we have these yet?
    D;
    I was just thinking...
    We pretty much wiped out the D/P population on Neo
    Plus, there's not much use of a website forum if we have a place to chat on on the FC and we have a petpage for updates on Neo.
    Plus, most Pokemon-based CGs die in about 3-4 months after they were created.

    Not sure what to say about the guild.

    Gar.
    I'll get to it eventually.

    I've seen /atleast/ 20 literate,Pokemon fans on the boards.o3o;;

    An' we don't /HAVE/ to make it /all/ about Pokemon...
    An' the petpage would be for the CG/Guild,then when the person becomes a dependable member we can..

    Introduce 'em to EPL?

    Theres either that,or joining forums,an' advertisin'.



    It's inavoidable(if thats a word,leavemealone.:c) to say that EPL doesn't need more active members.
    An' just sittin' 'ere won't get any attention.
    I say we make guides,if no one wants to do the above,an' get us some publicity.


    An' mkay.
    x333

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Guest on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:06 pm

    War-Rock wrote:Hows about for Art Contests, we do something like a Pokemon Contest?

    You draw a picture of your pokemon, showing off its moves like in a contest
    You can add a trainer in there, it doesn't matter
    But it has to be centered around that one pokemon
    We'd have a voluntary panel of judges
    And they'd judge on what the entrant was going for.
    That's pretty much the 'pokemon contest' part, poffin-free :D

    It could be weekly or bi-weekly, I don't know, up to you guys.
    But since it is pretty much like a 'pokemon contest', you'd have a team of 6 to choose from
    Also, you can switch out your pokemon with others you might have somewhere like on the 1st of every month
    Of course, we'd have to keep a separate sub-category so you guys can have a board or something to post all of this coordinator information


    I sound like I'm rambling or something
    My eye stings.

    I aggree with the contest. and if I can't make a good drawing, i'll be a judge.
    avatar
    Purugly
    Regular Trainer

    Female Number of posts : 83
    Age : 24
    Registration date : 2008-07-11

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Purugly on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:12 pm

    the cb needed to die.
    but :v
    while i think the guild thing can work, we can't only be snobby to new people.
    some people actually have to make an effort to be kind.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Guest on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:38 pm

    I say we ignore Neopets :D Its not worth the trouble. *flys away*
    avatar
    Purugly
    Regular Trainer

    Female Number of posts : 83
    Age : 24
    Registration date : 2008-07-11

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Purugly on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:51 pm

    How do you know it's not?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Guest on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:21 pm

    Purugly wrote:the cb needed to die.
    but :v
    while i think the guild thing can work, we can't only be snobby to new people.
    some people actually have to make an effort to be kind.

    No,I didn't say be snobby or anythin'..
    Okay

    This is what I'm sayin'...

    ...You know for some CG's on Neopets,you have to be semi-literate,etc;

    I say we be like that,for the Guild/CG/Whatever.

    Not strict,just don't let total n00bs in.
    avatar
    Scep
    EPL Founder

    Female Number of posts : 299
    Age : 24
    Location : In New York City's Computers
    Registration date : 2008-06-22

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Scep on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:25 pm

    I wouldn't mind having a Guild in Neo, actually

    Still not too sure on the CG, though.



    And yes, I took a Dragon Axe to the CB.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Guest on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:27 pm

    War-Rock wrote:I wouldn't mind having a Guild in Neo, actually

    Still not too sure on the CG, though.



    And yes, I took a Dragon Axe to the CB.

    If we send invites to people who like Pokemon,an' aren't total idiots,theres a good chance that they'll join.o3o;;

    An' I'm /sortakinda/ good with codin'.

    Except with placement.

    Placement literally kills my brain.

    An' I'm sure theres enough Guild Layout guides out there.o3o;
    avatar
    BeastExe
    EPL Coding Admin

    Number of posts : 550
    Age : 24
    Location : Wandering
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by BeastExe on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:27 pm

    O:
    Not the hammer of dooooooom? (Aka Goyo(u)da Hammer)

    Hmm... What else can we do to the forum...


    _________________


    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
    There are 10 types of people on this earth - Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    PEBKAC.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Guest on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:42 pm

    Well, I think it'd be kinda neat if we could do what S|R does and have houses. Like, this would make use of the groups. Once sorted into a house, you have special access to house forums.
    You could make mods for this, too.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Guest on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:12 pm

    ..Whats S|R?
    Never heard of it.:c

    An' it sounds..fun?

    Also,there has been talk of a 5th Generation,that'll help keep the Forum alive an' revive it.o3o;
    avatar
    Matty
    Regular Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 59
    Age : 24
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Matty on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:16 pm

    I hate to be a pessimist, but I honestly don't think trying to revive EPL will work all that well.
    :x

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Guest on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:34 pm

    Matty wrote:I hate to be a pessimist, but I honestly don't think trying to revive EPL will work all that well.
    :x

    Well,/I/ don't want it to die.;c
    avatar
    Matty
    Regular Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 59
    Age : 24
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Matty on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:44 pm

    Pumapardz wrote:
    Matty wrote:I hate to be a pessimist, but I honestly don't think trying to revive EPL will work all that well.
    :x

    Well,/I/ don't want it to die.;c

    Well don't get me wrong, I don't think it will die.
    I just don't think trying to get more people and clean it up a lot will work very well.
    Idk.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Guest on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:26 pm

    ..Then what should we do?D;

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:02 pm

    Pumapardz wrote:..Whats S|R?
    Never heard of it.:c

    An' it sounds..fun?

    Also,there has been talk of a 5th Generation,that'll help keep the Forum alive an' revive it.o3o;

    It's the Cult on Subeta Shenzi and I are in.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:43 pm

    So when exactly is all of this gonna happen? I mean, we can talk about it all we want but if we dont do something nothings gonna happen. Just wanting to know lol

    Sponsored content

    Re: Project EPL

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:14 pm