Already a member of EPL?
Log in!

    epl moveset helper

    Share

    Guest
    Guest

    epl moveset helper

    Post by Guest on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:05 am

    post any good ideas for pokemon movesets here with a paragraph explaining how it can be used also including the nature and evs would be great


    Last edited by Frolossus on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Silver
    Greater than Arceus

    Male Number of posts : 730
    Age : 25
    Location : The interwebz
    Registration date : 2008-09-02

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Silver on Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:55 pm

    I think Cacturne is a pokemon too overlooked. Cacturne is especially pwnfull in Sandstorm with no passive damage(like Stealth Rock) against it. Here's my moveset. A moveset which, with a little research, I've discovered it's only a slight variation of another one out there, but oh well.

    Cacturne@Brightpowder
    Jolly
    252atk/ 252spd/ 6hp
    -Seed Bomb
    -Sucker Punch
    -Swords Dance
    -Thunder Punch/ Brick Break

    This set is AWESOME with good prediction. The first thing to do is to Swords Dance. Even with only 1 SD, I've been able to take out Gengars in one shot with Seed Bomb. On enemies you know are going to set up, use Seed Bomb(Assuming you have SD already. If not, use that.) and on enemies you know will attack you, you Sucker Punch them in the face! Thunder Punch is there because Gyrados just love to set up DD on you, so you can just Thunder Punch'em and they'll most likely be OHKO'D. With Stone Edge and Ice Fang being pretty much their only method of bringing you down, Cacturne makes a great Gyrados counter. Also, it makes and awesome Celebi counter if you have anything that can beat it down(besides Sucker Punch, but I've found Celebi rarely use their attacking move). Brick Break is there if you're playing this in OU. I find it more useful because Clefables are so freakin' popular, everyone uses them (a little creativity in making teams please?!), that you need some method of taking them down.


    Last edited by Silver on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Guest on Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:58 pm

    Silver wrote:I think Cacturne is a pokemon too overlooked. Cacturne is especially pwnfull in Sandstorm with no passive damage(like Stealth Rock) against it. Here's my moveset. A moveset which, with a little research, I've discovered it's only a slight variation of another one out there, but oh well.

    Cacturne@Focus Sash
    -Seed Bomb
    -Sucker Punch
    -Swords Dance
    -Thunder Punch

    This set is AWESOME with good prediction. The first thing to do is to Swords Dance. Even with only 1 SD, I've been able to take out Gengars in one shot with Seed Bomb. On enemies you know are going to set up, use Seed Bomb(Assuming you have SD already. If not, use that.) and on enemies you know will attack you, you Sucker Punch them in the face! Thunder Punch is there because Gyrados just love to set up DD on you, so you can just Thunder Punch'em and they'll most likely be OHKO'D. With Stone Edge and Ice Fang being pretty much their only method of bringing you down, Cacturne makes a great Gyrados counter. Also, it makes and awesome Celebi counter if you have anything that can beat it down(besides Sucker Punch, but I've found Celebi rarely use their attacking move).
    ev spread?
    avatar
    Silver
    Greater than Arceus

    Male Number of posts : 730
    Age : 25
    Location : The interwebz
    Registration date : 2008-09-02

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Silver on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:01 pm

    Well, you didn't ask for an EV spread, just a moveset. Alright, I'll just edit the post to make it complete. Btw, I'd suggest you add that little fact to your first post, just to clear up confusion.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Guest on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:13 pm

    ;D
    I used to use a cacturne on my old, old team.
    It was so amazing.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Guest on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:15 pm

    Oh, and silver.
    It would be better if Cacturne had 252 in HP, to make the subs last longer.
    It's not like will be outspeeding anything with 55 base speed, anyway.

    I recommend 252 HP, 252 attack, 4 defense.
    :p just a thought.
    avatar
    Silver
    Greater than Arceus

    Male Number of posts : 730
    Age : 25
    Location : The interwebz
    Registration date : 2008-09-02

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Silver on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:36 pm

    Finalblitz wrote:Oh, and silver.
    It would be better if Cacturne had 252 in HP, to make the subs last longer.
    It's not like will be outspeeding anything with 55 base speed, anyway.

    I recommend 252 HP, 252 attack, 4 defense.
    :p just a thought.

    My set didn't have any subs. Besides, with my moveset, it achieves 200 speed if you at least have 20 IVs in speed, so it'll outspeed tanks and walls, I guess. It would like to have speed BP'd to it, though.
    avatar
    Haruka
    Master Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 248
    Age : 23
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Haruka on Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:49 pm

    This is a little moveset and EV spread that I came up with, without help from Smogon...XP

    Pokemon: Noctowl

    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp Def, 6 Sp Atk
    Nature: Calm

    Moves: Roost, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Air Slash

    Item: Leftovers

    This has worked AWESOME for me in my battles. With this, an EV trained Jolteon's 10K bolts only gets rid of about half your HP. This is a GREAT choice for a Sp Wall. What you can do, first use Hypnosis, Air Slash (kinda a test to see if they switch out or not), it your opponent hasn't switched out, you can go for a Dream Eater, assuming that the foe will sleep for at least two turns, repeat. Roost off damage when needed.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Guest on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:12 pm

    Haruka, what do you do if the pokemon gets hit with hypnosis and switches out?
    If sleep clause is in effect, you can't use hypnosis anymore.
    avatar
    lotteries
    Regular Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 88
    Age : 87
    Location : The underwater palace of Atlantis
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by lotteries on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:45 am

    Blastoise - Lefties - Brave

    EVs: 252 HP / 60 Sp Atk / xxx Def / xxx Sp Def / xxx Atk

    - Fake Out
    - Aqua Jet
    - Ice Beam / surf
    - Protect

    I made this up myself, and once I started battling with it in OU, I realized that fakejet blastoise is a freaking beast. Blastoise has awesome overall stat coverage, with only average speed, which isn't needed. Fakeout, then protect to scout, or just use aqua jet to outspeed your opponent. If you predict the switch, ice beam. The EV's listed for Sp Atk KO's all dragons (I didn't check garchomp but it would probably KO that too). You can protect every other turn to abuse lefties or drain their health if they're poisoned.

    This poke is made for OU, mostly. Ice beam for dragons like Salamence and Dragonite as well as grasses like celebi and tangrowth and breloom. Aqua jet rapes infernape :)

    Options: You can use surf as a good stab move instead of icebeam for whatever reason. You can also use a sash instead of lefties. For the Ev's, leave the Sp Atk EV's obviously and leave the HP EV's for bulkiness. Dump the rest in your defenses however you think you need to. You can even add some in attack if you want some more physical power!

    So that's pretty much it. Of course, this isn't the best poke/moveset in the world. By far. But it's still worth mentioning! :)

    Oh, and here's a baton bass stopper blastoise:

    Blastoise - lefties/lum berry (for smeargle or whatever) - Impish/Careful
    EVs: 252 HP / xxx Def / xxx Sp Def

    - Surf
    - roar / haze
    - toxic / protect / substitute
    - aqua jet (take that, agility users)
    avatar
    lotteries
    Regular Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 88
    Age : 87
    Location : The underwater palace of Atlantis
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by lotteries on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:46 am

    Okay when I said "awesome overall stat coverage" I meant like, good overall stats. Sorry that sounded weird o.o

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Guest on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:48 pm

    Heres one i like

    Azumarill@life orb/choice band
    Huge power
    252 attack 252 hp
    -Aqua jet
    -Waterfall
    -Ice punch
    -Brick Break

    Notes: Amazing sweeper with Aqua jet and its attack goes up a lot of times! First it gets x2 attack with huge power, stab with aqua jet and waterfall, +30% with life orb or x 1.5 with choice band! whats NOT to like? it has good type coverage with ice punch and brick brake and waterfall is really strong with all the attack ups it gets.


    Last edited by Corry and Azu on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Guest on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:55 pm

    Heracross@life orb/choice scarf
    252 attack 252 speed
    -Close combat
    -stone edge
    -Swords dance/night slash
    -Earthquacke

    Notes: Nice sweeper and scarf gets it the speed it needs seeing it can only get up to 290 speed with jolly nature. swords dance is for life orb, when you get a free turn or two

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Guest on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:55 pm

    woops


    Last edited by Corry and Azu on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    lotteries
    Regular Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 88
    Age : 87
    Location : The underwater palace of Atlantis
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by lotteries on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:48 pm

    It's brick break, not brick brake lol
    avatar
    lotteries
    Regular Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 88
    Age : 87
    Location : The underwater palace of Atlantis
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by lotteries on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:55 pm

    Corry wrote:Heres one i like

    Azumarill@life orb/choice band
    Huge power
    252 attack 252 hp
    -Aqua jet
    -Waterfall
    -Ice punch
    -Brick Break

    Notes: Amazing sweeper with Aqua jet and its attack goes up a lot of times! First it gets x2 attack with huge power, stab with aqua jet and waterfall, +30% with life orb or x 1.5 with choice band! whats NOT to like? it has good type coverage with ice punch and brick brake and waterfall is really strong with all the attack ups it gets.

    Anything faster (which is like, everything) that has decent attacking stats can take this thing out. But if you watch out for that, it's pretty good I guess =)
    avatar
    lotteries
    Regular Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 88
    Age : 87
    Location : The underwater palace of Atlantis
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by lotteries on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:08 pm

    Oh, and here's a nice UU poke that's fun to use:

    Arbok - Life orb, Jolly, Intimidate
    EV's: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 170 Speed

    - Gunk Shot / Poison Jab
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch
    - Glare

    If you're UU battling, this thing can be a pretty big threat. Life orb + stab gunk shot is freaking deadly. Poison jab isn't a walk in the park either, if you choose that for the better accuracy. Crunch and Earthquake are two other powerful moves that help with type coverage, and glare is there just for the heck of it (your opponent won't expect a paralysis move when they see the life orb and stuff, and you won't take life orb damage since it's not an attacking move).

    The only bad thing thing about arbok is its speed. And defences. The HP EV's is so it can take at least one hit. ;P
    avatar
    lotteries
    Regular Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 88
    Age : 87
    Location : The underwater palace of Atlantis
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by lotteries on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:10 pm

    Lotteries wrote:
    Corry wrote:Heres one i like

    Azumarill@life orb/choice band
    Huge power
    252 attack 252 hp
    -Aqua jet
    -Waterfall
    -Ice punch
    -Brick Break

    Notes: Amazing sweeper with Aqua jet and its attack goes up a lot of times! First it gets x2 attack with huge power, stab with aqua jet and waterfall, +30% with life orb or x 1.5 with choice band! whats NOT to like? it has good type coverage with ice punch and brick brake and waterfall is really strong with all the attack ups it gets.

    Anything faster (which is like, everything) that has decent attacking stats can take this thing out. But if you watch out for that, it's pretty good I guess =)

    Um I forgot about aqua jet. =D
    avatar
    Haruka
    Master Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 248
    Age : 23
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Haruka on Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:28 pm

    Finalblitz wrote:Haruka, what do you do if the pokemon gets hit with hypnosis and switches out?
    If sleep clause is in effect, you can't use hypnosis anymore.

    If you don't want to have Dream Eater and Hypnosis, go for Reflect and Toxic/Night Shade
    avatar
    lotteries
    Regular Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 88
    Age : 87
    Location : The underwater palace of Atlantis
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by lotteries on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:42 pm

    Electabuzz - Life Orb / Mild / Static
    EV's: 6 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed

    - T-bolt / charge beam
    - Flamethrower
    - HP Grass / HP Ice
    - Psychic

    Wow, you're still reading? You're actually interested in a NFE poke? It turns out that electabuzz is better than Electivire in some ways. And when I say that, I mean it's faster; it's actually +10 in speed in terms of base stat (105). So even though electabuzz's defenses and attack aren't as good as Electivire, its special attack is the same, and its speed is better, making it the 4th fastest electric type pokemon (darn you, Jolteon). But anyways, the moves listed here provide awesome type coverage while dishing out lots of damage; 317 Sp. Atk + life orb + Stab + T-bolt is not a walk in the park. HP grass is for grounds like swampert (which is OHKO'd, btw). You can have HP ice for dragons if you want; you outrun salamence with 252 speed EVs (no speed boost nature) if you want to try that. Electabuzz can outrun many pokes that electivire can't, like salamence, staraptor, arcanine, zapdos, charizard, and more. Plus, electabuzz has an ability that electivire doesn't have; with static, there is a chance of paralysis upon physical hits.

    Worth a mention :D
    avatar
    lotteries
    Regular Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 88
    Age : 87
    Location : The underwater palace of Atlantis
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by lotteries on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:57 pm

    Silver wrote:I think Cacturne is a pokemon too overlooked. Cacturne is especially pwnfull in Sandstorm with no passive damage(like Stealth Rock) against it. Here's my moveset. A moveset which, with a little research, I've discovered it's only a slight variation of another one out there, but oh well.

    Cacturne@Focus Sash
    Jolly
    252atk/ 252spd/ 6hp
    -Seed Bomb
    -Sucker Punch
    -Swords Dance
    -Thunder Punch

    This set is AWESOME with good prediction. The first thing to do is to Swords Dance. Even with only 1 SD, I've been able to take out Gengars in one shot with Seed Bomb. On enemies you know are going to set up, use Seed Bomb(Assuming you have SD already. If not, use that.) and on enemies you know will attack you, you Sucker Punch them in the face! Thunder Punch is there because Gyrados just love to set up DD on you, so you can just Thunder Punch'em and they'll most likely be OHKO'D. With Stone Edge and Ice Fang being pretty much their only method of bringing you down, Cacturne makes a great Gyrados counter. Also, it makes and awesome Celebi counter if you have anything that can beat it down(besides Sucker Punch, but I've found Celebi rarely use their attacking move).

    How come T-punch is in there? Return or Payback would be good too.

    Any set can be amazing if you predict right. :D
    Taking out gengars with physical moves is hard. o.o'
    And also, anything faster than it pwns it. They attack, you swords dance, they attack again and you die xD

    This set really isn't thought out that much, nor does it seem like it'll do much of anything to anything lol
    What happens when celebi uses HP Fire/Ice against you? You can't budge that thing very much, especially if it sets up. Does recover ring a bell? xD

    But I guess this could be decent if you can get around the horrible speed o.o
    avatar
    lotteries
    Regular Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 88
    Age : 87
    Location : The underwater palace of Atlantis
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by lotteries on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:04 pm

    rayquaza_lover wrote:This is a little moveset and EV spread that I came up with, without help from Smogon...XP

    Pokemon: Noctowl

    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp Def, 6 Sp Atk
    Nature: Calm

    Moves: Roost, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Air Slash

    Item: Leftovers

    This has worked AWESOME for me in my battles. With this, an EV trained Jolteon's 10K bolts only gets rid of about half your HP. This is a GREAT choice for a Sp Wall. What you can do, first use Hypnosis, Air Slash (kinda a test to see if they switch out or not), it your opponent hasn't switched out, you can go for a Dream Eater, assuming that the foe will sleep for at least two turns, repeat. Roost off damage when needed.

    ...And if hypnosis misses? =D
    Jolteon wouldn't come in on a noctowl xD And half HP gone isn't bad for attacking a special wall lol
    Dream eater isn't really needed...if they switch it's a wasted move :/
    What happens when a ghost poke switches in, and you've already used hypnosis? You can't touch them xD
    This is a decent special wall for UU, but for OU, I'm sticking with my blissey :D
    avatar
    lotteries
    Regular Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 88
    Age : 87
    Location : The underwater palace of Atlantis
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by lotteries on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:21 pm

    Neku plz? wrote:Heracross@life orb/choice scarf
    252 attack 252 speed
    -Close combat
    -stone edge
    -Swords dance/night slash
    -Earthquacke

    Notes: Nice sweeper and scarf gets it the speed it needs seeing it can only get up to 290 speed with jolly nature. swords dance is for life orb, when you get a free turn or two

    What happened to megahorn? o.o
    And swords dance + choice items doesn't work lol
    without choice scarf, many things outspeed it :/

    lol @ spelling of earthquake
    avatar
    Haruka
    Master Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 248
    Age : 23
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Haruka on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:01 pm

    Lotteries wrote:
    rayquaza_lover wrote:This is a little moveset and EV spread that I came up with, without help from Smogon...XP

    Pokemon: Noctowl

    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp Def, 6 Sp Atk
    Nature: Calm

    Moves: Roost, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Air Slash

    Item: Leftovers

    This has worked AWESOME for me in my battles. With this, an EV trained Jolteon's 10K bolts only gets rid of about half your HP. This is a GREAT choice for a Sp Wall. What you can do, first use Hypnosis, Air Slash (kinda a test to see if they switch out or not), it your opponent hasn't switched out, you can go for a Dream Eater, assuming that the foe will sleep for at least two turns, repeat. Roost off damage when needed.

    ...And if hypnosis misses? =D
    Jolteon wouldn't come in on a noctowl xD And half HP gone isn't bad for attacking a special wall lol
    Dream eater isn't really needed...if they switch it's a wasted move :/
    What happens when a ghost poke switches in, and you've already used hypnosis? You can't touch them xD
    This is a decent special wall for UU, but for OU, I'm sticking with my blissey :D

    Like I posted a few posts before this:
    "If you don't want to have Dream Eater and Hypnosis, go for Reflect and Toxic/Night Shade"
    ;3
    I have use my Noctowl in OU and she still pwns. ^^
    Blissey is TOO OU. =/
    avatar
    lotteries
    Regular Trainer

    Male Number of posts : 88
    Age : 87
    Location : The underwater palace of Atlantis
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by lotteries on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:02 pm

    If blissey is too OU, use a cress xDD

    Sponsored content

    Re: epl moveset helper

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:15 pm