Already a member of EPL?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Already a member of EPL?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
BeastExe
Purugly
Silver
Kenny
Jolteon
Scep
10 posters

Project EPL

Project EPL - Page 6 Empty Re: Project EPL

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:11 am

Beast raises some good points. we need reviews and feedback in order to run more efficiently, and we should at least give the noobs a chance, but yes beasty, we need to make our site unique. above all others.
    Purugly
    Purugly
    Regular Trainer

Female Number of posts : 83
    Registration date : 2008-07-11

Post by Purugly Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:17 am

Silver wrote:And that's another thing. We can't be posting things like mantra!n or any other internet meme because others will reply to it, and that throws the whole topic into a chaotic dumpster of meme-spam.
    Please find where I stated that I would be posting such things.
    This would be done over PM and only after they had been warned.

but I'm interested to see that you expect so little from us. or is it just me?
    if you are going to remove spam, don't then go on and reply to it if you would like the issue to go away.

Either way, yes. We would need people to review the site, but people that we believe are neutral. The person could like Pokemon of course, but they would need to not really be 'super friends', if you will, with anyone from the site. :v

but nobody really listens to me anyway so why are people still reading?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:53 pm

Really, I say we do what can be done in the least amount of time first.
    Maybe clean up the forums, invite a few people, and THEN start on the hardcore stuff.
    Besides, we might get more people who can actually help us with the more difficult things.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:35 pm

Umm, if it helps, Im working on this weeks POTW :D I figured now is as good a time as any to start it.
    lotteries
    lotteries
    Regular Trainer

Male Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

Post by lotteries Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:25 pm

It's really cool to have tournaments and games and whatever, but if there's only ~7 people around to participate then it really doesn't matter, therefore our first priority is to find out how to get new members and how to get them to stay. All ideas should have this in mind

Also: Furret, I think it would be a great idea for you to message me your pokemon of the week thing so I can help out a bit. If you think it's all correct information and metagame-relevant then that is perfectly fine, but I'm telling you right now that there is an awesome chance that I will have a few things to say when you post it lol
    Scep
    Scep
    EPL Founder

Female Number of posts : 299
    Registration date : 2008-06-22

Post by Scep Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:55 pm

Most people won't join unless there's something about this place that interests them
    Then we can't do things that interest people because we only have like 10 people

It's like that vicious circle from the Anthem institute commercial.

Everything unique requires the help of a lot of people, so I think we're pretty much stuck at square one for now.
    lotteries
    lotteries
    Regular Trainer

Male Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2009-01-17

Post by lotteries Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:06 am

that said, the best thing to do imo is to stay active overall on the forums and do basic stuff like tournaments and trading while at the same time recruiting people from neo

other than that, we need time and patience
    BeastExe
    BeastExe
    EPL Coding Admin

Number of posts : 550
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

Post by BeastExe Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:08 am

I feel like I'm in a checkmate or something. >.<

I guess recruiting could be our first choice, but if there's not a reason for them to stay, they probably won't stay. And to create something... Yeah pretty much what Scep said.

I shall brainstorm during school when I have time.
    Silver
    Silver
    Greater than Arceus

Male Number of posts : 730
    Registration date : 2008-09-02

Post by Silver Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:05 pm

Make something or recruit, huh? Why not do both at the same time? If we have an idea "fun" or "interesting" enough, new members would be happy to help, right?
    BeastExe
    BeastExe
    EPL Coding Admin

Post by BeastExe Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Rofl. Finding very dedicated people to work. That's almost impossible. You might find people happy to help, but that doesn't mean they'll be helpful. .o.

Idk. I'm still stuck on square one. In every way. -shot'd-
    Scep
    Scep
    EPL Founder

Post by Scep Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:28 pm

Sometimes I'm never happy to help but I do it anyways. :D

We could try to make things interesting while recruiting people, but most of the work would be from us.
    After all, they just joined the site. Why would they be required to help? The Mods/Admins should be the ones doing it, not the new members.

My circle proves itself
    Thank you commercials D:
    BeastExe
    BeastExe
    EPL Coding Admin

Post by BeastExe Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:28 pm

Circle... squares... commercials? I don't watch enough t.v. to know. :C

So. Something interesting while recruiting. Remind me again why we can't work on making something interesting for the members first and then recruit...?
    Internet is spazzing. Disconnecting every which way. Dx

Ah...

I just remembered, down with the CB Post Count thing?

CB is gone. It's unlikely we'll bring it back anytime soon.
    Silver
    Silver
    Greater than Arceus

Male Number of posts : 730
    Registration date : 2008-09-02

Post by Silver Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:26 pm

It's not that we CAN'T do that, Beast, I'm just saying, if it's interesting enough new members might WANT--not required--to help out. For example, Smogon's CAP. I see new members wanting to help out and contribute all the time. You know, something people find interesting and fun.
    BeastExe
    BeastExe
    EPL Coding Admin

Post by BeastExe Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Oh. I thought someone said there was something wrong with doing the interesting thing first... Oh... wasn't it because we there's not enough people or something? Gaaaah. Brain is frying. Spring break. Spring break. I got projects to do over spring break too...

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:49 am

i mainly stopped showing up here cause the drama, spam and the maturity level falling a bit.. i used to enjoy coming here for hours at a time it went from a pokemon forum to o_O random crap? this place used to be golden and hope it gets back up to the way the day i joined here
    Scep
    Scep
    EPL Founder

Post by Scep Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:15 pm

Razor wrote:i mainly stopped showing up here cause the drama, spam and the maturity level falling a bit.. i used to enjoy coming here for hours at a time it went from a pokemon forum to o_O random crap? this place used to be golden and hope it gets back up to the way the day i joined here
    We only have like 10 people

We don't have much to get back to.

Silver wrote:It's not that we CAN'T do that, Beast, I'm just saying, if it's interesting enough new members might WANT--not required--to help out. For example, Smogon's CAP. I see new members wanting to help out and contribute all the time. You know, something people find interesting and fun.

We'd just need to find out what that interesting thing is.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:05 am

i thought you had an idea of advertising? o_O get more people im sure the neoboards still have the d/p/pt topics still floating around
    BeastExe
    BeastExe
    EPL Coding Admin

Post by BeastExe Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:48 pm

We could advertise, but we would still need something on this forum that would make them want to stick. (btw, very random, I like that absol in your sig. <3)

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:31 pm

SINCE I WAS TALKING TO BEAST AND SHE ASKED WHY I DIDN'T POST MY IDEAS, I'M JUST GONNA DO IT.

Forum game.
    NO. NOT THAT STUPID ONE WORD POSTING GAME.
    I'm talking about full out Pokemon related games. Games earn you points.
    Points can be spent on shinies/items.
    Of course, someone would have to actually HOST the event and/or donate items to it.
    And by donating, you let us(Beast/Scep/Whoever will mod/be in charge of it) know that you're gonna donate it, and a post gets updated with a price on the item/pokemon.

That thread would be locked and updated by the mod in charge of it. To request a pokemon/item from the shop, you PM the mod in charge and they PM whoever owns the pokemon/item and they get in contact with you to trade. Or we could simplify it. I know for a FACT there's a way to keep track of points and add them etc because of SR's forums. So keeping track is not an issue.

If anyone finds anything wrong with my idea let me know. I've seen countless places do things like this, it isn't hard.

The pokemon games, by the way, could be anything pokemon related. Pokemon Trivia, etc.
    THAT we could use some ideas on.

With that, you could easily recruit people, for it gives them something to do to earn shinies/items/possibly EV'd pokes/Events.

It also brings an activeness to the forum. With that, you could also hold a tourney since there will be more people. Trade threads could be revived, especially since if people won something worth while in the games, they'd PROBABLY want to trade it for something else etc etc STIMULATING THE FORUMS TRADING ECONOMY.

... HAPPY BEAST? :C

Also: I'm not going to help out in this event besides explaining it to Beast/Scep if they decide to go through with it. I no longer play Pokemon, but Beast and I were discussing EPL and I offered up Ideas |D

Last edited by Mandy on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:27 pm

what mandy said make an epic layout for the site and maybe do the give away point thing and maybe come up with different ways to get points.. anything that can cause activity pretty much do the point system im willing to offer up any/all of my shinies/events to make this place thrive again

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:05 pm

I agree, we need something eye catching to get people to want to join.
    And the games were just a small idea.
    Maybe winning/placing in tournies could end up with points? Different contests?
    This we could work on. After all, it HAS to be something fun and challenging.

I'd offer up what I have, but I sold my Pokemon games. I don't play anymore, and have NONE of my shinies/events anymore. I just have a blank file on my Acekard.
    Scep
    Scep
    EPL Founder

Post by Scep Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:59 am

If we could do this, we could branch it off with that houses idea that someone else came up with that I can't remember who did at the moment.

Or just keep it like this. Either way works fine.
    We'd just have to figure out how to do it, since Forumotion is so limited on things sometimes.

By points we could do something like
    Trivia winning-2 pts
    Tourney winning- 10 pts
    Participation in anything- 1 pts
    Contests- 5 pts
    Whatever- whatever pts

I'd donate stuff but everyone knows 67% of what I own on Diamond is illegit
    No matter how real I made them look
    ....I would offer them if no one would mind xD

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:02 pm

also tourneys/contests could have prizes too either any pokemon made or ev'd/shiny pokemon from the list
    BeastExe
    BeastExe
    EPL Coding Admin

Post by BeastExe Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:17 pm

I would donate, but my game is even worse than Scep's. 99% ftw. |D

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:17 pm

well my diamond has %100 legit shinies and events so :P its up for grabs

Sponsored content